Sunday, January 16, 2011

World of Disney Radio Snowglobe


     The World of Disney Radio Snowglobe is a Disney Store Exclusive. This nostalgic radio features 11 classic Disney characters that are hand painted in a vintage fashion. The radio is also painted with a wood-grain finish that adds an authentic look. The unique craftsmanship allows the knobs on the radio to function. The left knob turns on the blower and lights up the globe, the front dial and Tinkerbell's wings. The right knob winds to play the tune "When You Wish Upon a Star." A fantastic collaboration of Disney artists, consisting of Juan Ortiz, Steve Thompson, Rob Greggs, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily, designed this piece with their combined talents and ideas. This globe was released in late 2008 but can now only be found on the secondary market.




3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'd like to say that I really like your blog!! You have amazing Disney stuff!!! I check your posts daily. I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I have several Disney merchandise, including wdcc, mugs, pins, but my favorite collectibles are Disney snowglobes. I have more than 100 ones that I bought in the US, because they are not produced or sold in Brazil. I don't have this radio snowglobe that you posted, but I think it's one of the cutest Disney produced in the last years. Congratulations on your posts and pictures! Keep on doing this great job.
    Warm regards,
    Sergio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much, it sounds as though you have quite an impressive collection as well. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, how can 1 bauy onde of this in New York or by site to send to New York? I'm from Brazil and may husband will go there in march.

    Vanessa

    vortiz@ig.com.br

    ReplyDelete